Alarm Clock: Managing Alarms
Click the Alarm icon button on the menubar to open the "Manage Alarms" window.
Creating an Alarm
Click the New Alarm button next to the window title in the "Manage Alarms" window to open the "Add Alarm" window. Enter the alarm details and press the "Save" button.
Editing an Alarm
Click the 3 vertical dots next to an alarm in the "Manage Alarms" window to open the context menu. Select the "Edit" option to open the "Edit Alarm" window. Modify the alarm details and press the "Save" button.
Deleting an Alarm
Click the 3 vertical dots next to an alarm in the "Manage Alarms" window to open the context menu. Select the "Delete" option to delete the alarm.
Alarm Clock HQ has a very flexible alarm system that can fulfill a variety of requirements. Below are the options available to configure an alarm when creating a new alarm OR editing an existing alarm.
- Alarm On / Off: Toggle this button to turn an alarm on or off.
- Alarm Title: Some title text to remind you what this alarm is about.
- Alarm Schedule: You can specify 3 types of schedules:
- Daily: To create an alarm that triggers daily at the specified time.
- One Time: To create an alarm that triggers only once at the specified date and time.
- Recurring: To create an alarm that repeats based on the choosen settings. There are 3 options for a recurring alarm:
- day(s): To create an alarm that triggers on specific days at the specified time.
- day of month: To create an alarm that triggers on a specific day of the month at the specified time. You can set the alarm to trigger every month, or on a specific month. For example, you can set an alarm to pay rent on the 5th of every month at 10AM.
- every: To create an alarm that triggers every X minutes or hours every day or on specific days. Specify the type (minute or hour), choose the interval, and the days when the alarm must trigger.
- Alarm Sound: Alarm Clock HQ has a variety of sound options to alert you at the alarm time. By default, a built-in ringtone is assigned to an alarm. You can change this by clicking the "Change Sound..." button. This opens the "Ring Alarm Settings" window. Here, you can choose between Built-In Ringtone, Custom MP3 File, Radio Station, Music Playlist, or Text-to-Speech.
- Status: On by default. If turned off, the alarm sound will not play when the alarm is triggered. If you wish to create a "Silent Alarm", turn it off.
- Snooze Interval: Snooze duration between 5 to 720 minutes. You can snooze an alarm when the alarm popup is shown at alarm time. Default setting is 5 minutes.
- Stop Ringing After: Specify the interval (between 5 and 3600 seconds) after which the alarm sound must stop ringing. The alarm popup remains open, but the sound stops playing after this duration. Default setting is 300 seconds (5 minutes). Note: To auto dismiss an alarm, use the auto dismiss interval in advanced settings described below.
- Fade In Alarm Volume: Specify the interval (between 5 and 300 seconds) for which the alarm volume must increase from 0 to full volume. Default setting is 5 seconds. If you wish to fade in the alarm music gently, set this to a longer duration.
- Built-In Ringtone: Choose from one of the built-in ringtones. To preview the sound, press the play icon button. Click the Save button to save your selection.
- Custom MP3 File: Use this to set the alarm ringtone to your own mp3 music file. Click the "Choose File" button to open the choose file dialog. Select your mp3 file and click Open. Click the play icon button to test your file. Click the Save button to save your selection.
- Radio Station: Choose from one of the built-in or your custom stations. If you have created radio playlists, the stations from your playlists will be displayed here. To preview the station, press the play icon button. Click the Save button to save your selection.
- Music Playlist: If you have created music playlists, they will be displayed here. Choose the required playlist from the dropdown list. To preview the first track in the playlist, press the play icon button. Click the Save button to save your selection.
- Text to Speech: Choose from over 45+ computer generated voices to speak some text at alarm time. Choose the voice, enter the text to speak (maximum 250 characters) and press the play icon button to preview the speech. You can also use SSML to customize the playback. Once you are ok with the settings, Click the Save button.
- Auto Dismiss Alarm In: Dismiss an alarm automatically after the specified interval (5 to 3600 seconds). By default, it is set to 300 seconds (5 minutes).
- Do Not Show Alarm Popup: Disabled by default. If you are creating alarm actions such as making a GET request to an API, or launching a program etc., then you might (optionally) not want to show a visual popup for such alarms. Enable this option in such cases. At alarm time, the action is triggered silently in the background.
- Launch Program: Use this action to launch a program (.EXE file etc) at alarm time. In the "Launch Program Settings" window, ensure that the status is set to "On". Click the "Choose File" button to choose the executable file. To pass custom arguments to the file, enter them in the arguments box. Click the "Test" button to test that the program is launching correctly. Click the "Save" button when done.
- Open Browser: Use this action to open your default web browser and navigate to a website/url at alarm time. In the "Open Browser Settings" window, ensure that the status is set to "On". Enter the website URL (including the http or https part) in the "Full Url" box. Click the "Test" button to verify the browser opens and navigates to the URL. Click the "Save" button when done.
- Call Url (Get Request): Use this action to call an API (application programming interface) at alarm time. This option is usually useful for developers. In the "Call Url Settings" window, ensure that the status is set to "On". Enter the API URL (including the http or https part) in the "Full Url" box. Click the "Test" button to call the URL and ensure that you get a status 200 OK response. Click the "Save" button when done.
- Call Url Logs: Click the "list" icon button next to the "Call Url (Get Request)" button to open the call url logs. If you have configured the alarm to make GET requests, the responses are shown in the Call Url Logs window. To clear old logs, click the "Clear Logs" button next to the title of the "Call Url Logs" window.